Wed, Jul 07|
MM Cuban Modern: Technique & Combinations
In Cuban Modern Technique, Anara will lead students through a series of exercises, drills, and combinations from this unique style.
Time & Location
Jul 07, 2021, 7:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Outdoors, Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA, USA
About the event
Session 1: Wednesdays, June 30th - Jul 21st
Session 2: Wednesdays, Aug 4th - 25th
About Cuban Modern
In Cuban Modern Technique, Anara will lead students through a series of exercises, drills, and combinations from this unique style. Cuban Modern is a codified technique, created in the 1960s, that fused American Contemporary (primarily Graham, as well as Limon, Cunnigham and Sokolow) with Afro-Cuban Dances and Classical Ballet.
The Technique & Combinations Class will take the elements taught in the first class each day, and expand them into full combinations that will help dancers of all levels practice and improve at home. It will also help each student understand HOW to improve their technique in this style and how to apply it to the other forms of dance they love.
In order to follow MA re-opening guidelines --
- All participants must register with us in order to join the session (if you are donating on behalf of yourself and a friend, please provide their contact information as well. )
- All participants must wear masks OR provide proof of a vaccination
- All participants are encouraged to register in advance and pay online
- All participants agree to follow public health guidelines, use hand sanitizer, and remove themselves from the area if they are actively coughing or have any other signs of sickness
- We cannot provide or share water or any other refreshments
- We cannot provide or share mats or exercise equipment
- We are responsible for assisting with contact tracing should it ever be necessary
- No refunds are available in the case of cancellation
Should any of those guidelines change prior to the event, we may contact you with additional instructions or requirements to attend.
- This is an IN-PERSON class in JAMAICA PLAIN, MA..
- Spaces are on a first-come, first-serve basis. If we reach the maximum class size, you will be notified and added to a waiting list. You will be notified 24 hours in advance if there are any cancellations/openings. Otherwise, we will notify you for the next session.
Various Options Available: VIEW PRICING HERE
Reserve Your Spot REGISTER HERE
** No refunds are available in the case of cancellation